Skip to main content

Tour de France - Stage 15 results

Here are the results from Stage 15 of the TdF (Foix Loudenvielle - Le Louron)

Alexandre Vinokourov is looking more and more like the man who cannot die. They knock him down and he keeps coming back. After yesterday's crash, and another fall on his injured knee, many thought he was finally written off. He proved them all wrong today by breaking away from the peleton to win this difficult mountain stage. With 28 minutes to make up on Rasmussen, however, it would take several miracles at this point to end up in the yellow jersey in Paris.  

Today's Results:
1. Vinokourov (Kz), ASTANA, 5:34:28
2. Kirchen (Lux), T-MOBILE TEAM, 0:51
3. Zubeldia (Sp), EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI, 0:51
4. Acebo (Sp), SAUNIER DUVAL - PRODIR, 0:58
5. Manuel (Sp), QUICK STEP - INNERGETIC, 2:14
8. Vandevelde (USA), TEAM CSC, 4:25
10. Contador (Sp), DISCOVERY CHANNEL TEAM, 5:31


General Classification:
1. Rasmussen
2. Contador
3. Evans
4. Leipheimer (U.S.)
5. Kloden

Other U.S. racers:
17. Horner
31. Hincapie
34. Vandevelde

Chris Horner still looks very strong. If he wasn't limited to working for Cadel Evans, he might be even higher in the G.C. 

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review - Specialized Rim Strips

Several weeks ago, while out on a group ride, I had 3 flats within the space of less than 2 hours and 25 miles. I only had one tube on me, but was fortunate enough to be riding with some very generous people that not only shared tubes with me, but also helped me put them in. One of these individuals took a look at my wheels and theorized that my flats were likely being caused by tube to rim contact, as opposed to road debris or pinch flats.  When I got home, I took off the wheels, removed the tires and tubes and took a good hard look at the rim strips. Sure enough, the Velox strips were a bit narrow, and in places, just barely covered the spoke holes.  I knew that I had to find a solution. I was tired of buying new tubes every couple of weeks. After some research on the internet, I came across these Specialized brand rim strips . I made some phone calls to local bike shops to see if anyone carried them, with no luck. I ended up ordering them directly from Specialized.  When they arri...

Lance Breaks His Silence On The Landis Decision

When first asked a couple of weeks ago about the decision in the Floyd Landis case, Lance Armstrong basically implied that he didn't keep up with cycling anymore and that he didn't have time to look at it. Now, in a new interview released yesterday, Armstrong blasts the decision of the arbitration panel and states that he feels that Landis would have been exonerated by a jury. It's about time he spoke up. He may be focused on finding a cure for cancer, but he needs to recognize that for most Americans, he is the person that comes to mind when they think about professional cycling.