Skip to main content

Tour de France - Stage 20 and Final Results

Sunday's parade into Paris has come and gone and it's all over but the crying, shouting and finger pointing.

Italian Daniele Bennati of the Lampre-Fondrital team crossed the finish line first on Sunday, but the overall race and the glory went to Alberto Contador and the Discovery Channel team. Disco ended up with two spots on the podium (Levi Leipheimer took third) and won the overall team competition. Cadel Evans, the Australian rider from the Predictor-Lotto team took second place.

Contador gets to take home 2 jerseys, as he also won the white jersey for best young rider. He is the youngest winner in quite some time. The Discovery Channel team (or its' successor) would have been smart to renew his contract earlier this week.

Stage 20 Results:
  1. Daniele Bennati
  2. Thor Hushovd
  3. Eric Zabel

General Classification (final):
  1. Alberto Contador
  2. Cadel Evans
  3. Levi Leipheimer

As previously mentioned, Contador also wins the young rider classification. Mauricio Soler received the mountains jersey and Tom Boonen held onto the green points jersey.

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review - Specialized Rim Strips

Several weeks ago, while out on a group ride, I had 3 flats within the space of less than 2 hours and 25 miles. I only had one tube on me, but was fortunate enough to be riding with some very generous people that not only shared tubes with me, but also helped me put them in. One of these individuals took a look at my wheels and theorized that my flats were likely being caused by tube to rim contact, as opposed to road debris or pinch flats.  When I got home, I took off the wheels, removed the tires and tubes and took a good hard look at the rim strips. Sure enough, the Velox strips were a bit narrow, and in places, just barely covered the spoke holes.  I knew that I had to find a solution. I was tired of buying new tubes every couple of weeks. After some research on the internet, I came across these Specialized brand rim strips . I made some phone calls to local bike shops to see if anyone carried them, with no luck. I ended up ordering them directly from Specialized.  When they arri...

Lance Breaks His Silence On The Landis Decision

When first asked a couple of weeks ago about the decision in the Floyd Landis case, Lance Armstrong basically implied that he didn't keep up with cycling anymore and that he didn't have time to look at it. Now, in a new interview released yesterday, Armstrong blasts the decision of the arbitration panel and states that he feels that Landis would have been exonerated by a jury. It's about time he spoke up. He may be focused on finding a cure for cancer, but he needs to recognize that for most Americans, he is the person that comes to mind when they think about professional cycling.