Skip to main content

Tour de France - Stage 16 Results

It's the last day in the mountains and Michael Rasmussen was able to hold off the attacks of Discovery Channel's Alberto Contador and Levi Leipheimer, adding 47 seconds to his overall lead. Rasmussen continues to be shadowed by doping suspicions; some fans booed him as he crossed the finish line in Gourette.

Also today, we learned the identity of the rider who had a positive test result for exogenous testosterone on Stage 11 - Cristian Moreni of the Cofidis team. Moreni was part of a protest against doping at the beginning of today's stage. Oops.

Meanwhile, Alexandre Vinokourov claims that he never doped, theorizing that a large amount of blood in his thighs from his crash earlier in the race may have thrown off the test.

Four stages to go! Things are going to be interesting.

Today's results:
  1. Rasmussen
  2. Leipheimer
  3. Contador
  4. Evans
  5. Soler
General Classification:
  1. Rasmussen
  2. Contador
  3. Evans
  4. Leipheimer
  5. Sastre

Points - Tom Boonen

Mountains - Soler

Team - Discovery Channel

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons to Ride #2 - Ice Cream

Ice cream may be one of the best post-ride recovery foods that you can find.  A typical half cup serving of ice cream 3 grams of protein, vitamin A and 9 percent of your daily value of calcium. If your body doesn't get around 1000 mg of clacium a day, your fat cells begin storing fat. Calcium also helps build and strengthen bones, lowers the risk of colon cancer and helps to reduce PMS symptoms. In addition, calcium increases your metabolism to help you burn fat. Two to three servings of dairy a day can help you lose 11 to 15 pounds over a year.  When Greg LeMond was asked what he thought about while racing, he replied "Ice cream. God, I dream about ice cream." Since I'm using their picture, I'll throw out a little love to Graeter's - Cincinnati's best ice cream. By the way, they ship nationally. Just ask Oprah. 

Product Review - Specialized Rim Strips

Several weeks ago, while out on a group ride, I had 3 flats within the space of less than 2 hours and 25 miles. I only had one tube on me, but was fortunate enough to be riding with some very generous people that not only shared tubes with me, but also helped me put them in. One of these individuals took a look at my wheels and theorized that my flats were likely being caused by tube to rim contact, as opposed to road debris or pinch flats.  When I got home, I took off the wheels, removed the tires and tubes and took a good hard look at the rim strips. Sure enough, the Velox strips were a bit narrow, and in places, just barely covered the spoke holes.  I knew that I had to find a solution. I was tired of buying new tubes every couple of weeks. After some research on the internet, I came across these Specialized brand rim strips . I made some phone calls to local bike shops to see if anyone carried them, with no luck. I ended up ordering them directly from Specialized.  When they arri...