The Eurobike trade show starts tomorrow. I won't be there in person, but I'll try to bring you all of the latest news and product introductions as they come out.
Some of the latest trends and innovations that are expected to dominate the show are:
- The growth of the bicycle touring industry, especially among racing enthusiasts.
- Bicycles adapting to match the consumer's lifestyle, making them suitable for commuting, casual rides in the evening and touring.
- Carbon fiber technology allowing bikes to get lighter. Full suspension mountain bikes weighing under 10kg are expected
- Shimano will be showing off a new, lower profile XTR derailleur
- Storck will premiere its Fascenario 0.8 race bike.
- The fashion show will be good for some giggles. The products are always interesting, but the presentation looks like something out of "Zoolander"
- Elite will be presenting new rollers that can simulate mountain stages with 20 percent grades.