Here's a collection of various news stories related to the final Grand Tour of the year, the Vuelta de Espana:
- Pez Cycling News has a great overview of the course and the stages
- Looks like Michael Rasmussen won't be able to find a sponsor in time to ride the Vuelta.
- 12 Protour teams have agreed to a new doping pact. The teams will face additional out of competition testing (15 blood tests and 15 urine tests throughout the year). The teams are: Liquigas, Team CSC, T-Mobile, Rabobank, Euskaltel, Caisse d'Epargne, Saunier-Duval, Quick-Step Innergetic, Lampre-Fondital, Team Milram, Predictor-Lotto and Gerolsteiner. Full story here.
- Alberto Contador, winner of this year's Tour de France, will not be racing at the Vuelta, but will be watching it closely. Stijn Devolder will be Disco's team captain for the race.
- Team Milram has confirmed that sprinters Alessandro Petacchi and Eric Zabel will be going to the race, aiming for stage wins.