Skip to main content

Cycling World Championships - September 26th

Fabian Cancellera is having a good couple of years.

2006 saw him winning Paris-Roubaix over the previously dominant Tom Boonen and winning the Worlds Time Trial competition later in the year. 

He won the prologue and Stage 3 of this year's Tour de France and held on to the yellow jersey for 8 days. 

Now he overcomes pressure, rain and a tougher course to repeat as the World Champ. He finished nearly a minute faster than Laszlo Bodrogi of Hungary and Dutchman Stef Clement.

American Dave Zabriskie has been having good performance at time trials this year, but only managed 12th place today. 

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review - Specialized Rim Strips

Several weeks ago, while out on a group ride, I had 3 flats within the space of less than 2 hours and 25 miles. I only had one tube on me, but was fortunate enough to be riding with some very generous people that not only shared tubes with me, but also helped me put them in. One of these individuals took a look at my wheels and theorized that my flats were likely being caused by tube to rim contact, as opposed to road debris or pinch flats.  When I got home, I took off the wheels, removed the tires and tubes and took a good hard look at the rim strips. Sure enough, the Velox strips were a bit narrow, and in places, just barely covered the spoke holes.  I knew that I had to find a solution. I was tired of buying new tubes every couple of weeks. After some research on the internet, I came across these Specialized brand rim strips . I made some phone calls to local bike shops to see if anyone carried them, with no luck. I ended up ordering them directly from Specialized.  When they arri...

Lance Breaks His Silence On The Landis Decision

When first asked a couple of weeks ago about the decision in the Floyd Landis case, Lance Armstrong basically implied that he didn't keep up with cycling anymore and that he didn't have time to look at it. Now, in a new interview released yesterday, Armstrong blasts the decision of the arbitration panel and states that he feels that Landis would have been exonerated by a jury. It's about time he spoke up. He may be focused on finding a cure for cancer, but he needs to recognize that for most Americans, he is the person that comes to mind when they think about professional cycling.