Skip to main content

It's The Beginning of the End for Floyd Landis

The Floyd Watch is at Day 79.

At this point, even the arbitrators may not know how they are going to decide on the Floyd Landis case, but they only have 10 days from this point to publish a decision.

Today is the day that the arbitrators are scheduled to meet with their technical advisor, Dr. Franceso Botre. This is said to be the last step necessary to close the hearing, but as I have said earlier, there's nothing to stop the panel from calling one last meeting before they issue their decision. Once the hearing is closed, they have 10 days to issue a decision. 

10 business days from today is September 25th. I'm still hoping to hear something by the end of the month. 

Of course, regardless of the decision, the whole thing is very likely far from over. It's already been stated that the losing party, whoever that may be, will appeal. Then we can start all over.

It's been said that Floyd is nearly out of money. Any appeal is going to cost him money, and even if he wins this round, I wonder if he would be able to find a team willing to take him on knowing that there is a risk that he could lose the appeal. 

If he loses, would it be better at this point to NOT appeal, wait out the remainder of the two year suspension and aim to come back at the Vuelta next year?

I'll close this post with my dream for the outcome of the trial. 
  • Floyd will win his case. 
  • The USADA will not appeal to the CAS. 
  • The Chatenay-Malabry lab will be shut down pending a complete external audit of their policies and procedures
  • Floyd will be the final, yet-to-be-named rider on the Slipstream-Chipotle team

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review - Specialized Rim Strips

Several weeks ago, while out on a group ride, I had 3 flats within the space of less than 2 hours and 25 miles. I only had one tube on me, but was fortunate enough to be riding with some very generous people that not only shared tubes with me, but also helped me put them in. One of these individuals took a look at my wheels and theorized that my flats were likely being caused by tube to rim contact, as opposed to road debris or pinch flats.  When I got home, I took off the wheels, removed the tires and tubes and took a good hard look at the rim strips. Sure enough, the Velox strips were a bit narrow, and in places, just barely covered the spoke holes.  I knew that I had to find a solution. I was tired of buying new tubes every couple of weeks. After some research on the internet, I came across these Specialized brand rim strips . I made some phone calls to local bike shops to see if anyone carried them, with no luck. I ended up ordering them directly from Specialized.  When they arri...

Lance Breaks His Silence On The Landis Decision

When first asked a couple of weeks ago about the decision in the Floyd Landis case, Lance Armstrong basically implied that he didn't keep up with cycling anymore and that he didn't have time to look at it. Now, in a new interview released yesterday, Armstrong blasts the decision of the arbitration panel and states that he feels that Landis would have been exonerated by a jury. It's about time he spoke up. He may be focused on finding a cure for cancer, but he needs to recognize that for most Americans, he is the person that comes to mind when they think about professional cycling.