Skip to main content

Interbike 2007 Report 1

I'll be doing news digests as I can compile them. If there is an item that particularly interests me, it will get its own post. 

  • Velonews started their coverage of the event yesterday. They were at the Outdoor Demo along with everyone else. They noted that the Outdoor Demo has been moved to Bootleg Canyon, NV. This location offers 65,000 sq. ft of exhibit space along with plenty of space for MTB trails, a BMX course and road rides. Chris King was showing off new cyclocross hubs, wheelsets for road and cyclocross. Spot Bikes has a new carbon belt driven single speed system. Fulcrum rolls out a new line of mountain bike wheels. Tomac returns to the fray with a completely new line of mountain bikes.
  • Mike Sinyard, the President of Specialized Bikes, rode the 600 miles from Morgan Hill, CA to Vegas for Interbike (http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/420.html)
  • Advanced Sports, Inc., which owns the Fuji & SE Bikes brands, has announced plans to acquire Kestrel. They will be showing the full 2008 line at Interbike
  • SRAM and Zipp have announced that SRAM will acquire Zipp. Zipp will maintain their offices and factory just outside of Indianaplos, IN.
  • Cycling News kicks off their coverage as well. Chris Cotalis, formerly of Titus Bikes, introduces the Pivot Brand and a completely new line of mountain bikes featuring Dave Weagles dw-link suspension design. Shimano introduces new XTR based wheels for Cannondale'€™s Lefty fork system. Felt offers a sneak preview of a full carbon 29er. 

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review - Specialized Rim Strips

Several weeks ago, while out on a group ride, I had 3 flats within the space of less than 2 hours and 25 miles. I only had one tube on me, but was fortunate enough to be riding with some very generous people that not only shared tubes with me, but also helped me put them in. One of these individuals took a look at my wheels and theorized that my flats were likely being caused by tube to rim contact, as opposed to road debris or pinch flats.  When I got home, I took off the wheels, removed the tires and tubes and took a good hard look at the rim strips. Sure enough, the Velox strips were a bit narrow, and in places, just barely covered the spoke holes.  I knew that I had to find a solution. I was tired of buying new tubes every couple of weeks. After some research on the internet, I came across these Specialized brand rim strips . I made some phone calls to local bike shops to see if anyone carried them, with no luck. I ended up ordering them directly from Specialized.  When they arri...

Lance Breaks His Silence On The Landis Decision

When first asked a couple of weeks ago about the decision in the Floyd Landis case, Lance Armstrong basically implied that he didn't keep up with cycling anymore and that he didn't have time to look at it. Now, in a new interview released yesterday, Armstrong blasts the decision of the arbitration panel and states that he feels that Landis would have been exonerated by a jury. It's about time he spoke up. He may be focused on finding a cure for cancer, but he needs to recognize that for most Americans, he is the person that comes to mind when they think about professional cycling.