Skip to main content

Even More From Eurobike, courtesy of Velonews

I just received a number of Eurobike Exhibition updates from Velonews.com

These are dated throughout the exhibition. 


  • Giant rolls out refinements to their Maestro line of suspension bikes
  • Ridley introduces an entry-level carbon fiber cyclocross bike
  • Only cosmetic changes for Scott's road bikes, but new mountain and cyclocross bikes
  • A new mountain/cyclocross pedal from Look
  • New pedals, headsets, cranks and wheels from Crank Brothers
  • A redesign of RockShox's SID fork for it's 10th anniversary

  • New clinchers from Lightweight
  • A new line of cycling shorts and bibs from Assos
  • Super light Nano Gram Zero pedals from Speedplay
  • A new range of suspension forks from Maverick
  • A little more about Selle Italia's new saddles with Troy Lee as well as a new Team Edition Flite model
  • New white bars, stems and seatposts from FSA. Also, new compact shapes in the Plasma bar/stem combo and the K-Wing carbon bar, a new crankset, a K-Force tubular wheelset and an integrated seat/seatpost system
  • A new tubular cyclocross tire from Schwalbe
  • An updated Schwinn Fastback
  • The 20th Anniversary edition of the GT Zaskar
  • An all-new Litespeed Archon, featuring top and bottom tubes that wrap around the headtube.
  • A disc brake system from Formula
  • New road shows from Adidas
  • Changes to Mavic's line of road wheels
  • New bars and seatposts from Deda

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review - Specialized Rim Strips

Several weeks ago, while out on a group ride, I had 3 flats within the space of less than 2 hours and 25 miles. I only had one tube on me, but was fortunate enough to be riding with some very generous people that not only shared tubes with me, but also helped me put them in. One of these individuals took a look at my wheels and theorized that my flats were likely being caused by tube to rim contact, as opposed to road debris or pinch flats.  When I got home, I took off the wheels, removed the tires and tubes and took a good hard look at the rim strips. Sure enough, the Velox strips were a bit narrow, and in places, just barely covered the spoke holes.  I knew that I had to find a solution. I was tired of buying new tubes every couple of weeks. After some research on the internet, I came across these Specialized brand rim strips . I made some phone calls to local bike shops to see if anyone carried them, with no luck. I ended up ordering them directly from Specialized.  When they arri...

Lance Breaks His Silence On The Landis Decision

When first asked a couple of weeks ago about the decision in the Floyd Landis case, Lance Armstrong basically implied that he didn't keep up with cycling anymore and that he didn't have time to look at it. Now, in a new interview released yesterday, Armstrong blasts the decision of the arbitration panel and states that he feels that Landis would have been exonerated by a jury. It's about time he spoke up. He may be focused on finding a cure for cancer, but he needs to recognize that for most Americans, he is the person that comes to mind when they think about professional cycling.