Skip to main content

Bicycling News Digest - August 2, 2007

All the news that's fit to sprint....

  • Patrick Sinkewitz admitted to using testosterone gel during the Tour. T-Mobile has fired him and the German police searched his house. 
  • Jonathon Vaughters continues to build his Slipstream team, with an eye on obtaining a wild card entry to the 2008 Tour.  David Millar is coming over from Saunier Duval-Prodir and Dave Zabriskie and Christian Vandevelde are joining from CSC.
  • Stuttgart will still host the 2007 World Championships after receiving agreements for addtional doping controls. 
  • USA Cycling names its team for the UCI BMX Supercross World Cup event in Beijing. 
  • Great photo gallery from the Tour on ESPN's web site
Until tomorrow, keep the rubber side down. 

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review - Specialized Rim Strips

Several weeks ago, while out on a group ride, I had 3 flats within the space of less than 2 hours and 25 miles. I only had one tube on me, but was fortunate enough to be riding with some very generous people that not only shared tubes with me, but also helped me put them in. One of these individuals took a look at my wheels and theorized that my flats were likely being caused by tube to rim contact, as opposed to road debris or pinch flats.  When I got home, I took off the wheels, removed the tires and tubes and took a good hard look at the rim strips. Sure enough, the Velox strips were a bit narrow, and in places, just barely covered the spoke holes.  I knew that I had to find a solution. I was tired of buying new tubes every couple of weeks. After some research on the internet, I came across these Specialized brand rim strips . I made some phone calls to local bike shops to see if anyone carried them, with no luck. I ended up ordering them directly from Specialized.  When they arri...

Lance Breaks His Silence On The Landis Decision

When first asked a couple of weeks ago about the decision in the Floyd Landis case, Lance Armstrong basically implied that he didn't keep up with cycling anymore and that he didn't have time to look at it. Now, in a new interview released yesterday, Armstrong blasts the decision of the arbitration panel and states that he feels that Landis would have been exonerated by a jury. It's about time he spoke up. He may be focused on finding a cure for cancer, but he needs to recognize that for most Americans, he is the person that comes to mind when they think about professional cycling.