Skip to main content

Landis Decision By End of September?

ESPN.com is reporting that a decision in the Floyd Landis doping case should come by the end of September. This is based upon information in a memo written by the chair of the arbitration panel, Patrice Brunet.

In the memo, Brunet informs the lawyers for both sides that the arbitrators will be holding the last of their meetings with their scientific advisor (Dr. Francesco Botre) on September 12th. After that meeting, the panel should be able to officially close the hearing, and have, at that point, 10 days to render a decision. 

Ten business days after the 12th is September 25th. I, however, am not confident that they will close the hearing immediately after meeting. Surely they will have to get together at least once more to discuss the meeting with Botre. 

Trust But Verify has extensive coverage of reactions across the blogosphere to the ESPN story.

As of today, the Floyd Watch calendar is at 71 days. Will it go all the way to 91 days? Let's hope not. 


Popular posts from this blog

Product Review - Specialized Rim Strips

Several weeks ago, while out on a group ride, I had 3 flats within the space of less than 2 hours and 25 miles. I only had one tube on me, but was fortunate enough to be riding with some very generous people that not only shared tubes with me, but also helped me put them in. One of these individuals took a look at my wheels and theorized that my flats were likely being caused by tube to rim contact, as opposed to road debris or pinch flats.  When I got home, I took off the wheels, removed the tires and tubes and took a good hard look at the rim strips. Sure enough, the Velox strips were a bit narrow, and in places, just barely covered the spoke holes.  I knew that I had to find a solution. I was tired of buying new tubes every couple of weeks. After some research on the internet, I came across these Specialized brand rim strips . I made some phone calls to local bike shops to see if anyone carried them, with no luck. I ended up ordering them directly from Specialized.  When they arri...

Lance Breaks His Silence On The Landis Decision

When first asked a couple of weeks ago about the decision in the Floyd Landis case, Lance Armstrong basically implied that he didn't keep up with cycling anymore and that he didn't have time to look at it. Now, in a new interview released yesterday, Armstrong blasts the decision of the arbitration panel and states that he feels that Landis would have been exonerated by a jury. It's about time he spoke up. He may be focused on finding a cure for cancer, but he needs to recognize that for most Americans, he is the person that comes to mind when they think about professional cycling.