Skip to main content

Trek Rolls Out Their 2008 Line


The Trek web site has been updated and now features all of their new models for 2008.

They are, of course, focusing on the new line of Madones. There are 13 bikes in the Madone line including 4 "Pro" models and 3 that are designed especially for women. There are 4 ranges of carbon that are being used on the Madones, ranging from OCLV Red Carbon in the Pro line to something called TCT Carbon at the low end.

I'm curious to see what will happen with the Madone line now that they are not backing the Discovery Channel team.
 
I really like the Portland (above), a nifty looking commuter bike with fenders and disk brakes. If I start riding home more often, one of these may be in my future.

A lot of the Madone technology, as well as lessons learned from the Pro Tour, Ironman competitions and wind tunnel testing goes into the updated Equinox Tri/TT series (below).

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review - Specialized Rim Strips

Several weeks ago, while out on a group ride, I had 3 flats within the space of less than 2 hours and 25 miles. I only had one tube on me, but was fortunate enough to be riding with some very generous people that not only shared tubes with me, but also helped me put them in. One of these individuals took a look at my wheels and theorized that my flats were likely being caused by tube to rim contact, as opposed to road debris or pinch flats.  When I got home, I took off the wheels, removed the tires and tubes and took a good hard look at the rim strips. Sure enough, the Velox strips were a bit narrow, and in places, just barely covered the spoke holes.  I knew that I had to find a solution. I was tired of buying new tubes every couple of weeks. After some research on the internet, I came across these Specialized brand rim strips . I made some phone calls to local bike shops to see if anyone carried them, with no luck. I ended up ordering them directly from Specialized.  When they arri...

Lance Breaks His Silence On The Landis Decision

When first asked a couple of weeks ago about the decision in the Floyd Landis case, Lance Armstrong basically implied that he didn't keep up with cycling anymore and that he didn't have time to look at it. Now, in a new interview released yesterday, Armstrong blasts the decision of the arbitration panel and states that he feels that Landis would have been exonerated by a jury. It's about time he spoke up. He may be focused on finding a cure for cancer, but he needs to recognize that for most Americans, he is the person that comes to mind when they think about professional cycling.